Friday, March 11, 2011

My mandala painting in 2006

After “Unity”, I have created 4 small mandala paintings for my friends. I can still remember one is purple and golden; one is blue and silver; one is black and red; the last one is a big flower for Lori, my mediation teacher. This was 2006.
2006 was a very challenging year for me: break-up, sickness, move to a new apartment, decide what to do with my career etc. It’s never easy to make different decisions in one time. I have tried and it was a disaster. Everything has fallen apart and I have so many struggles everywhere.
I have painted “Balance” during my hard time. I have no idea why I have to paint but driven by the energy that I couldn’t stop.
With Paul and other 10 girls, I painted another two in Bali, Indonesia. Big contrast between the two paintings: one is cold and snowing (Snowing night); while the other one is warm and loving (Romantic Kisses). It may reflect my two extremes of personalities as well as the adventure of my soul: from cold to warm; from distant to closeness.
Paul is my dear mandala painting teacher. I have painted with him for 6 years and I witnessed my own progress, improvement in terms of skills as well as my spirituality. I love you, Paul

  
How much I would like to a balanced life? How much I would like to have peace and joy and love? It all reflected in my paintings in 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment